Thursday, December 3, 2009

ThePioneer Woman's Sweet-Roasted Acorn Squash Wedges

It's no secret that I love me some Pioneer Woman. I must check her site at least three times a day.... more if I am off work. I covet her new cookbook and hope upon hope that Santa will bring it to me this year. ;) When I saw this recipe I knew it was for me. I actually made it quite a while ago but haven't had the time to sit down and blog about it. I changed the butter to Smart Balance and halved the recipe since I only had one squash. Here goes:

Ingredients
  • 1 whole Acorn Squash, Cut Into 8 Wedges Each
  • 2 dash(es) Olive Oil
  • Salt To Taste
  • 1/4 cup Smart Balance
  • 1/4 cups Brown Sugar (lightly Packed)
  • 1 Tablespoon Rosemary (minced)

Cut squash in half

Scoop out seeds and guts

Cut into wedges, smear in olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt roast at 350 degrees for 20 minutes

While the squash is baking mince the rosemary

Mix Smart Balance, brown sugar and rosemary into a paste

Once the first baking is done, smear the paste onto the squash wedges, return to the oven for 30 minutes or until caramelized

Smells heavenly

Tastes even better :)

I decided to make chicken breasts to go with it. Take two tablespoons vinaigrette of your choice and 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence and mix it in a small baking dish
Add two skinless chicken breasts and cover with the mixture. Cover in tinfoil and bake with the squash for it's last 3o minutes

De-lish! Thank you Pioneer Woman!

No comments: