Friday, February 11, 2011

I Don't Know What To Say

Hey there folks.  I don't really have a lot to say for this post.  I am hugely discouraged with my past two weigh ins.  Tuesday of last week I was up 2lbs and this past Tuesday I was up .2 lbs (point two).  I have been exercising, cut back on the alcohol, practicing portion control, trying to eat intuitively etc. etc. etc.  I really don't know what is going on.  I'm thinking that it may be hormonal but I just don't know. 

So I have decided to skip my weigh in on Tuesday.  I will still attend the meeting (because I love them) but I will use my first ever no weigh pass.  I just can't stand the idea of seeing yet another gain while I am working so very hard.  So I am takin' a break!  I will concentrate on letting go of the feelings of anger and guilt, rejoice in the fact that I am smaller inches wise and I am down two pants sizes.  Thank You Zumba!

What do you folks do to reset your weight loss clock?

7 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm there too Olivia - it sucks - hubby has lost 23 lbs since 1/3/11 and I've lost 4 - I'm frickin' discouraged - but I just keep on trying and you do the same - eat as healthy as you can, move a little, say your prayers - at least you know you are doing the right thing and your body will thank you for it - have a good weekend.

Cindy

Elise said...

Of course I can't remember what it's called, but years ago I saw a term for when your scale doesn't budge, but you know you're in better physical shape because of the way your clothes fit and you feel. I think you're just going through that! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey :)

I think the best thing to do is enjoy what you are eating withing your points. Take a break from exercise this week and have a little 'treat' each day, even if it's a little 2 point ww cake! If you enjoy your food while staying within your points then you'll not only feel better but your body will relax as you won't be as stressed over your weight.

Honestly I know it sounds weird but it's true! I stayed the same weight the week I did gym sessions and ate fruit and salads all week, yet last week I didn't go to the gym, ate within my points but still had the odd treat (mine was a vodka and diet coke!)

Give yourself a week off from the gym and change your diet abit to what you want within your points, it might be enough to jump start your weight loss again :) hope that helps!

www.thatgirllooksamazing.com

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just posted something very similar on my blog about skipping the weigh in. It can do wonders for your mental weight loss!

Anonymous said...

I've had this problem recently as well with the Points Plus. I went to the meeting and asked my leader if she had a couple of minutes to chat after the meeting. I then proceeded to hand her all of my trackers and asked her to help me because I was getting extremely frustrated. She offered a lot of pointers and was able to boost my moral a bit by commenting on the good things as well that I was eating. I would recommend doing the same thing at your meeting tomorrow.

Aimee said...

For sure, yes, do what feels right to you! It probably is just hormones and it could also be muscle gain too. The numbers shouldn't matter (I know they do, though); it's how you feel.

April said...

Gosh. I can relate. This weight loss thing is difficult and frustrating. But worth it in the end isn't it? I just went back to WW (AGAIN) and decided to do it on line. I'm feeling very...out of sorts about it. I'm going to find my old leader and see if she can explain the plan to me live and in person. But you are doing well, just keep at it...