Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oy!

What a day. It began with my usual morning routine: get up, fix breakfast, check emails and stuff, return phone calls and mentally prepare myself for the day. Well, while reading emails one of the places that I work (there are two) called to say that they weren't sure that I knew but I had an 11am session booked. I didn't know, no one called me and it was now 10:06am. CRAP!

So I rushed to the shower, cursing the whole time.....I hate being rushed in the morning. I usually get over heated and sweaty and I can't seem to cool down the rest of the day. It sucks. I get to work and begin my very long day of taking care of others and I can feel a tension headache coming on. As a massage therapist I should make it a point of getting a regular massage myself but it has been well over 3 months since I last had one. The pain and tension just kept building and building until finally, today, I couldn't take it anymore.

The reason I am giving you this much info is that since I felt so awful, I opted to get a 90 minute deep tissue massage instead of going to the gym. I wish that I had time to do both but the massage won out in the end.

My eating today was really good....until the evening. I had lunch around 1:30 and wasn't able to have dinner until 9pm. My massage did get out until 8:30pm so by that time I was ravenous and I think that we all know that when you are crazy hungry you don't make the best decisions. So I had Chinese food, which I really don't like but it was one of the only things open that late that wasn't drive thru.

So I am not going to beat myself up, I already paid someone to do that earlier. Instead I am going to get a great nights sleep, hit the gym tomorrow morning and then begin my day. Actually I will be beginning my day with a lovely facial. Jealous? ;)

No comments: