I have been looking at a lot of weight loss blogs over the past few weeks trying to get ideas for what I would like to cover on this blog and what kind of system I will use. Then I started to over plan and over think and freak myself out. So I have decided to have a general guideline to follow with plenty of room for change and flexibility as needed.
I do have a few rules for myself that will hopefully help me stay sane and focused:
- Remember Olivia, this is a journey to health not a scary obsession with being thin.
- Approach this weight loss with a positive attitude, negativity has gotten you where you are which is why you need this blog.
- Hold myself accountable. I make the decisions as to what I eat, drink and how I move or don't move.
- Weigh myself only once a week.
- Do some sort of physical activity everyday. Extensive workouts at least 3 times a week.
- Take my measurements once a month.
- Come up with a non-food based reward system for achieved weight loss goals.
- Eat and prepare real food. No processed fake foods or sugar substitutes.
- Focus on well rounded total health such as; vitamins, meditation, body treatments and plenty of restful sleep.
- Most importantly: Have Fun! Enjoy this journey because this is your life NOW.
Since I do not own a scale and have no intentions of buying one I will be weighing myself at the gym which is yet another reason to get my butt there on the regular. I already have a tape measurer around here somewhere and as soon as I find it I will post my measurements.
See ya tomorrow!