Thursday, November 27, 2008

Soooo Tired.....

but I wanted to post my Turkey Trot time. This was my first ever marathon run/walk and I was totally smitten. Everyone was in such great spirits before, during and after and I really felt like I accomplished something awesome!

My official time for walking the 5k was: 55:23. Which beat my training time by almost 10 minutes! I guess it was the adrenaline and the people cheering us on. My mom and I finished together by running the last few feet and singing the Chariots of Fire theme song out loud. It ruled! Patherine was there cheering us on in her lovely blue Hello Kitty hat. Bless her!

I hope that more people will join us next year. It was loads of fun.

Must go now..... so sleepy.

Happy Turkey Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! We all knew you could do it. You are an inspiration and I am proud of you :)

Ashley said...

That's a great time!! I want to run a 5k, too!

Retainer Girl said...

I'm so proud of you and so glad I was there to see you kick @ss!

Elsha said...

Woooohoooo Well done!!!! Knew you could do it!!!!