Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yes I Can!

If an African American male can run a history making campaign for presidency and WIN, then I should be able to get a handle on this healthy lifestyle change I am trying to implement. I have had set back after set back, all of which are self induced btw and yet I am still here and I still refuse to give up.

I got on the scale last night at the gym before my Bodyjam class and was rather disheartened to see 321.2. That is a 6 pound gain over the past two months. While I stared down at the number being reflected back to me I made a promise to myself, I will not take this to heart. I have been having stop and start female issues for about 3 weeks now and that may have something to do with it. The day before I weighed I walked 5K as training for the Turkey Trot. Plus, I can see on my body where I have lost some inches. Heck, since I have been doing weight lifting classes it could be a muscle gain but a fat loss. I just don't know.

I do know that my eating patterns are my downfall. I will have three really great days and then a few social engagements later and I am right back where I started. So I think I am just going to have to suck it up and try the calorie tracking and food journaling on Spark People. If there is one thing that President Elect Obama has shown me it's that you can't ever give up and as my friend Adrienne says, "You gotta have a dream to make a dream come true." My dream is to be the best Olivia I can be and right now I am pretty good but I know that a better me is just around the corner. :)

I work best on a schedule but with my line of work I need to work around the clients availability. But I still control the quality of my life. I have been thinking about goals that I can work on to help keep me on a schedule and here are some of them:
  • go to bed by 11:30 every night
  • get up by 8am every morning ( Sundays are freebies)
  • when working, exercise in the evenings
  • when off, exercise in the mornings
  • pack lunches and dinners (eating out is for social occasions)
  • do not eat meals after 7pm (only post workout snacks)
  • log calories and food journal before bed
  • find and artistic outlet to replace emotional eating

I am sure I will come up with many more things to cover but one day at a time. This weekend is full of clients, laundry and the Green Festival on Sunday which I am super excited about! I look forward to the inspiration that I will find there. :)

5 comments:

Elsha said...

You can do this, I truly believe it! I need to plan my weeks and meals or else I lost the plot.

Don't take the gain to heart, but least you have that eye opening perspective.

You know what you need to do and it looks like you have started making lists of what you want to achieve.

{{{{you can do it}}}}

Remember "Progress, not perfection"

Dark Fury said...

Yes. You. Can!

Say it. Know it!

'Gotta' have a dream to make a dream come true! - Hu. I do say that a lot. ;)

Lyn said...

I agree, you CAN do this!

Calorie counting gets old, but it's the only thing that has consistently worked for me. And hey, it's a lot less effort than staying fat... right? Ah well, we will get there.

Lorrie said...

Yes we can! So glad we have a new president!

Yes YOU can! you are doing it and will continue to do it!

Dayeseye said...

Awesome motivation, Thanks!