Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Book Review By A Non-Book Reviewer

A few months ago the above author contacted me about reviewing her book.  She saw that I really admired Louise Hay and other similar teachers and thought that I might enjoy her book.

Now let me begin by saying that I am not a professional book reviewer, in fact this is probably the first one I have ever done.  So please keep in mind that these are just my opinions and thoughts.  Okay, here we go!

I really wish I could say that I loved this book.  The ideas behind it are lovely.  The author herself is lovely.  I just didn't sync with the book.  I think it was because it read very much like Jerry and Esther Hicks' books.  A lot of questions to Jesus and then what the author interprets his answers to be.  I feel that the book was a bit beyond me, like maybe I am not quite at that level of understanding so it didn't make much sense.  And that's my issue not the author's.

There were however some beautifully quotable passages in this book and I even used a few on my Facebook page.  The over all theme of the book is that "we don't take our beliefs with us when we leave here; we take the love we found by having them."  I really love that idea.  Maybe if more followers of different religions looked at their beliefs with love instead of power and fear we might create a happier world to live in.

No comments: