Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Review Or Two

Several months ago I was contacted by a lovely gentleman at America's Nutrition (Hi Zach!)  He asked if I would be interested in reviewing some products on my blog and since I love products and since they were the first company to contact me about a review I jumped at the chance.  Flash forward three months later and I finally have the downtime to do a few.  Here are the first two and as I test out the last two I will let you know:

The 30 Day Beauty Secret
Okay, I am not much on vitamin supplements that don't come from whole foods.  I once heard someone refer to vitamins as really expensive urine since all one seems to do is pee them out (something to do with how much the body can actually absorb.)  Well you will definitely notice a color change with this supplement.  The ingredients list is really awesome and I did notice that my hair and nails have been growing like crazy about a week after I started taking the supplement.  As far as improving my skin, it could have, but I have also been eating more fruits and veggies, drinking more water, getting regular facials and using lovely skin care products.  I used to suffer from an annoying case of adult onset acne but that has seemed to calm down.  As stated earlier I did notice an improvement in the growth of my hair and nails but I couldn't say if it helped with my skin since I already do many things to help in that department.

Emu Oil by Thunder Ridge

Wow!  This stuff is amazing and harvested in the near by county of Manassas.  I have a patch of eczema on the back of my neck where my hair line is that has been the bane of my existence for almost 10 years.  I have read that emu oil has been known to help if not heal inflamed skin but always resisted trying it out.  Partly due to the fact that I wasn't sure how they harvested the oil (turns out they do kill the bird for it's meat and the oil is a bonus.)  There is no gross odor, the bottle is actually a pretty blue one not the bottle that is pictured on the website and feels like any other oil.  I put it on at night before I go to bed and wake up sans the itchy scalp.  YAY!  You can read all the other uses for emu oil in the above link.  I can see this becoming a great healer of chapped skin in the upcoming winter months.


There you have it.  I still have the last two products and a book review coming up so stay tuned.....

1 comment:

Lanie said...

If we just learn to eat emu, would that work from the inside out? Please pass the drumstick!