Friday, November 6, 2009

What's New Magoo?

This week has been very difficult for me. I have had a sinus infection since Sunday which has completely sucked all of my energy and stamina right out of the room. My nutrition has been sub par with a few really healthy days thrown in. I have done no exercise this week due to the pressure in my head and my inability to breath properly. Work has been difficult needless to say. Who wants a massage by a flemmy, snotty, hacky massage therapist? Stand in line kids, no pushing. :)

So I have had a lot of time to think this week. Yes, even while I was busy shoving my mouth full of potato chips and french onion dip, gobbling my way through and entire tub of Breyers mint chip ice cream and ultimately hating myself for it the entire time. But did it stop me? NO. And that's what makes it so sickening. I am a 33 year old woman, I should know better. I should live better. So in my downtrodden state I stumbled upon this young woman's journey: Kassandra and this post.

Kassandra gets it. She lives it. And her faith is extraordinary. I look up to this young woman the same way I look up to many of you, yes you out there in bloggerland. :) So I guess what I am trying to say is, thank you. Thank you for being there when I need encouragement, a shoulder to cry on or a partner in crime. Because of all of your journeys, stumbles and start agains, I have the courage to get back on track and forgive myself, learn what I need to from this lesson and focus on the now.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Lori said...

You can do it! Practice positive thinking. Yes, I know it sounds hokey, but positive thinking brings positive results. Not overnight, but the changes will happen :D

Retainer Girl said...

Easier said than done, I know, but nonetheless: Don't be so hard on yourself! Especially when you're not feeling well, it's hard to stay on track and live a healthier life. Forgive yourself and what you cannot change and focus on moving forward! =)

Retainer Girl said...

PS I read that post, and it make me cry--of course.

sam said...

No matter how old you are having healthy habits is hard! I am 20 and sometimes I am like "my gosh I should have more self control", everyone has those days. This happens alot when people dont feel well, when I feel sick self control is lost. I am sure you will be back kicking butt once your feeling a bit better! I really like your blog and I am glad I came across it!

I really loved Kassandra's post. It was wonderful. Thank you for posting the link to it!

Feel better!