Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Batting Zero

...on regular blog posts aren't I?  I hope that everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving.  I know I certainly did and the 2.6 pounds I gained over last week proved it.  I had lost .6 (point 6) pounds the week before that so I am still hovering between 25- 30 pounds lost.  I have been struggling staying interested in WW's program so thank goodness they launched their new Points Plus program.  I am really excited about it and feel as if my batteries have recharged and that my head is back in the game.

I do have two Christmas parties to go to this weekend so I have had a nice long talk with myself and decided to try to make the best possible choices, imbibe without going overboard and try to enjoy my friends and the season.  Next Tuesday will let me know how well I did.

I am playing around with the idea of a temporary gym membership.  I don't want anything long term because we all know how well that worked out with my last go around with Globo Gym and it's three year membership.  Plus, I get bored easily and need to constantly challenge myself with different things.  I have been playing around with the Couch 2 5k that has been sweeping the weight loss blogging world.  I've been looking for Zumba classes in my area (non available without a gym membership) and I know I need to pick the yoga back up.  My old bones are starting to feel the ravages of time.

Anyone else out there super behind on even thinking about what to get peeps for Christmas?

3 comments:

Lanie said...

I only shop for my kiddo for christmas. We put a stop to gift exchanges years ago. It was taking all of the fun out of the holidays for us. We do suprise gifts on people randomly and still do birthdays though. People seem to enjoy it.

I'm glad your enthusiasm is coming back. It's really so much more fun when we all play together and you were one of the first other bloggers I connected with. Now let's get to work! :D

I got a great deal on my gym membership - paid for 3 monts, got 13 months total - a black friday deal I pretty much lucked into. It is quite an investment if you're not sure you'll use it.

I've decided my knees can't take the C25K yet, but I'm thinking about doing the 200 squats or 100 pushups challenges - I linked to them on my links page of my blog if you want to find them.

Bring Pretty Back said...

I know what you mean! I am also thinking of a ONE month gym membership. I NEED to get moving!
I have stalled in my weight loss efforts! Not good!
We can do this! Yes! we! can!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

paulawannacracker said...

I hear what you're saying about temporary gym memberships. I'm too easily bored.

I hope you find a zumba class that's not through a gym. I take my zumba classes at a dance studio. Maybe you could call around various dance studios as they might offer a class.

The new WW plan does sound interesting. Especially the part about fruit being zero points.

December is going to be a tough month. Just hang in there and do your best to make good choices. I know it's easier said than done. You can do it. Ummm, I mean we can do it... you're not alone.