Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 19, 20 and 21 of the 21 Day Food Challenge

Well, the challenge is over and let's admit that I did not do as well with this one as I did with the workout challenge. Ah well..... I wont beat myself up over it because that kind of encouragement doesn't work so well with me. However, I am starting to play around with my portion sizes. It has been incredibly frustrating but I will not give up! I think I went to small at first because after I would eat, I would wait an hour and still be physically hungry. Most noticeably on days I had a lot of clients or a major workout. So by night time I am very hungry and craving all the wrong types of foods. I tried to be good. I had ice cream a few times but tried to make it more fruit and yogurt style desserts.

I don't have another challenge lined up yet but I will be thinking of one. I am just really going to focus on lots of workouts and whole foods. Maybe if I take the pressure off I will do better. Wish me luck!


9/09/08
Breakfast: 1 cup cooked oatmeal, brown sugar, walnuts, 2% milk, water to drink

Lunch: hardee's 1/3lb thick burger, bacon cheddar fries, medium coke....... bad, bad, bad lunch choice! :(

Dinner: asian marinated wild sockeye salmon, brown rice, sauteed zucchini, glass of orange pineapple juice, water

Dessert: (post workout) greek yogurt with honey and almond slivers, 1 kiwi fruit, water
9/10/08
Breakfast: 1 cup cooked oatmeal with brown sugar, walnuts and 1% milk, water

Lunch: my mama's homemade pork bbq with coleslaw on two pieces or organic whole wheat bread, apple, water

Snack: small snack size bag of Frito's

Dinner: leftover salmon, brown rice and zucchini, orange pineapple juice and water

Dessert: still hungry, don't think I ate enough for all the physical activity I did today so I had a small bowl of Kashi H2H cereal and 1% milk.

Glass of Rose to relax. :)

9/11/08
Breakfast: bowl of Kashi H2H cereal, 1 % milk, water

Lunch: homemade bbq sandwich with coleslaw, water

Dinner: small chix breast baked with Newman's O&V dressing, carrots and celery with light ranch dipping sauce, brown rice, water

Dessert: 1 scoop each of strawberry ice cream and cookie dough ice cream

No comments: