Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Weigh In # 3

Weight: 320.5-- loss of 1.1lbs.

Okay, so I am still losing although not as much as I thought I would. Granted I did a lot of social things this past weekend and my control may not have been what it should have but I worked out A LOT. Shouldn't that at least show on the scale.....more than 1.1lbs worth?

It is abundantly clear that I really need to get this diet thing under control because I am really getting frustrated that I work so hard at the gym and then completely undo it at the table. So skinless chicken breasts and veggies, Here I Come! I am going to attempt a "no carbs after 3pm" thing. Please, pray for my will power.

Except for the pitiful weight loss my week has been going really well. I have been really busy with work which is a blessing since I need the heavier cash flow. Hopefully since I have been working so hard I will finally have the extra cash to go grocery shopping. My cupboards and fridge are pathetically bare. I have been eating out a lot more lately but I am trying to make healthier choices. Eating at locally owned restaurants instead of chains but if I do eat at a chain I try to stick to their healthier options. I don't always succeed but I try.

So let's see what my goals are for this week: exercise...check, no bad carbs after 3pm....check and more fruits and veggies....check!

See ya later alligator!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! A LOSS! That is awesome girl! You could be losing inches and not pounds right now, or even gaining muscle which is another metabolism booster. Have you been drinking enough water, especailly since youa re exercising. You need 1/2 your body weight in ounces per day. I am sure you already know that, though. I just wanted to throw it out there.

Keep up the good work, pookey. You inspire all of us to keep it going!

Love you!

CindyLou said...

Hey, a loss is a loss. You're doing FINE! Unfortunately you're right about the diet thing. Exercise is important in getting healthy, very important, but if your ultimate goal is a smaller pants size and lower numbers on the scale diet is numero uno. Changing your habits doesn't happen overnight though, I still haven't been able to figure out how to crave broccoli over cheese fries!

BlondeJustice said...

Thanks ladies! Your words of encouragement mean a lot

Anonymous said...

Seriously... a loss is a loss is a loss. And expecting more than a pound or two per week may be a bit unrealistic, so (forgive me for being preachy) but be careful not to set yourself up for failure. That said... "I am really getting frustrated that I work so hard at the gym and then completely undo it at the table." Man, can I relate to that. I truly hope you find a way that works for you.

j