Saturday, July 12, 2008

Okay Kiddies, Here Is Week Two Of The Challenge:

7/05/08gym: 30 min. elliptical, 10 min. cool down and stretch

7/06/08gym: 30 min. elliptical, 20 min lower body strength training, 10 min cool down and stretch

7/07/08gym: 45 min elliptical, 20 min upper body strength training, 10 min core/ball training, 10 min cool down and stretch

7/08/08gym: 1 hour hip hop dance class

7/09/08gym: 30 min elliptical, 10 minute cool down and stretch

7/10/08gym: hour long hip hop dance class

7/11/08gym: 30 min elliptical, 30 min core ball exercises, 10 min cool down and stretch

This was an incredibly hard week to get through. I have heard that the second week of breaking or forming a habit is hardest but I had no idea how hard. Jeesh! So today officially starts my third and final week of the work out challenge and I am approaching it with mixed emotions. Equal parts excitement and dread.

My dear friend Elisa brought up a very interesting point the other day and suggested that I pick a special reward ( not one I already have listed for lbs lost) for the completion of this challenge. I told her I thought it was a great idea and then proceeded to go completely blank with what that prize should be.

So my questions for you dear readers are:

1.) What should my reward be for the completion of this challenge?

2.) What should my next challenge be?

I am trying to keep momentum and would like to continue challenging myself until my goal is reached. Maybe this one could be a food challenge. Like..... making sure I get 5 fruits and veggies every single day. Especially since this is the season of plenty.

Toodle-loo my little chick-a-dees!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!

What about something soothing since your body just did something it has never been challenged to do. Maybe buy a nice milk bath or get the pedicure woman at your work to give you a foot massage. After all of that my body would be in definite need of repair.

Go forth and kick some ass!!

Retainer Girl said...

I agree; you should do something pampering for your body. Maybe a massage or a pedicure or another facial?

As for your next challenge: I think five fruits AND veggies might be too much, but maybe try to do five fruits or vegetables a day?

I'm proud of you girl!

Dark Fury said...

Sweet Googly Moogly! You go, Miss Thing (that's right I'm kickin' it old school)!

Maybe you could eat organic for your next challenge?

Retainer Girl said...

Ooh! I like the organic idea!